I�m back to my late night blogs lately. I was so busy today that it�s just now that I�ve had my dinner. I just came from our airport trip to fetch my Uncle Steve from Australia. Yup, you guessed it right. He�s Jaymes� dad. We're now enjoying pizza for our near-midnight snack.
It's the first day of the Chinese Lunar Calendar and I could say I spent it well. I read an article in the papers on the To Do's and the Not To Do's of Chinese New Year. So I applied all of them. I wore red all day. I placed my money in an Ang Pao and placed it in my wallet. I did good things, so I'd end up doing them all year round. I avoided the bad ones, so none of them would happen this year. Too superstitious don't you think???
I had 7:30-10:30 laboratory classes today. The cold airconditioned laboratory was hurting my sinus, so I had to do work extra fast so I could finish early. I left at about 10 and went to the VOT office to take the school paper exams. Plum, the test was extremely long and it really drained my mind's resources. They made me define lots of journalism stuff and made me write 2 long articles. I finished the test after 2 hours. It was good that they served snacks...Funchum and banana cake.
I was picked up at 12:30 and had lunch with our big family at home... more like a continuation of last night's indulgence. After lunch, I went to Ayala. Raine was supposed to meet with me at 3 since we planned to watch Lord of The Rings: Two Towers. Guess what time she and her friends arrived at Ayala?...4:15. By that time, Jed and I had already met at Globe. Jed and I didn't watch the movie with Raine, 'coz I was expected to be home by 6, since we were to fetch my uncle from the airport. Jed was also going to attend anticipated mass at Redemptorist at 5:30. Thus, our movie-going experience didn't push through.
Jed and I went around the mall looking for a gift for Patrick. We checked out some stuff at Nike Park, Athletes Foot and USA Sports. We bought nothing, 'coz we weren't able to find a PSI rock climbing clip for our friend. I'll prolly look at Habagat in SM. We ended up circling the mall looking for familiar faces. The mall was packed with people, but none of those faces were familiar. I guess our friends are all good boys and girls spending time with their families at home on New Year's Day...right Maia? Speaking of New Year's Day, Someone Dear texted me a nice New Year's greeting, which was really cute and humorous. Sent her a reply, since I've reconciled (a bit only...I won't push for totality yet) myself to the idea of us being just friends.
Met QP at Flame It! when I was on my way to back to our store. He was with a bunch of ahem. Trying to avoid the firing squad, eh??? Hehehe. From Ayala, Jaymes, Aunt Eya, Di-ee, mum, bro and I had snacks at City Sports Club. Went to Leona's to buy some cake and went home immediately. Played Playstation with Jaymes and my bro... then at around 8 we were on our way to the airport. Met Uncle Steve, who was still the kind and cheerful uncle we've always known. He brought 5 bottles of vintage wine and a carcass of kangaroo meat. I wonder how kangaroo meat tastes. We'll find out soon.
That's all for now. Hope you had a meaningful New Year's Day and may the Year of the Goat bring prosperity to you and your family.
No comments:
Post a Comment