Chit Chat Over Coffee... and Froccino Oreo
I spent the afternoon with Jed, Lendel, Raffy at Ayala. We were looking for a place to stay and chit chat, so we stayed at Bo's Coffee Club Entertainment Center. I had a mug of their Coffee Blend, which made my hands feel jittery... and hours later, my stomach didn't feel so good... must be the caffeine. The 3 guys were practically picking on me all afternoon. Seems like their snooping around and intriguing into my life. They had lot of laugh and fun, but come to think of it, it hurts a bit when you have this feeling that people have been doing some research about you behind your back. Raffy's from DLSU and it seems he knows a lot about me... I wonder why... Is my life, my private life, that intriguing??? Is it that colorful that people can't help but be curious about it??? I don't think so, but why ME, ME and ME??? Why do they put me on the spotlight all the time???
Sensible Talk and Proof on "Strong Woman Theory"
At first it was just the 3 of us at Bo's, then we saw Maia, Blanche and Mercy sit at a table nearby. Then Raffy's sisters, Tracy and Diandra arrived. I was talking with Tracy most of the time, since the 3 guys were talking about anime cartoons and characters (I'm so ZERO on that topic). Two of us have known each other since grade school, since I often visited Raffy's house then, and Tracy was always there to play Nintendo with the boys... so nothing unusual really with striking a conversation with her.
We were talking about life beyond college, since she graduated from Ateneo 2 years ago. She said finding a job was hard, to think she graduated with flying colors from the Land of Blue and White. Makes me wonder what's in store for me when I graduate from USC... She also talked about financial independence, that since her dad cut his financial support for them (I'll skip details here), she had to, out of her own "sariling sikap"sell insurance. Now, she already pays for her own bills, like her cellphone bill, credit card bills and her day-to-day expenses. She still lives with her family, but other than that, she's financially independent. Everything she spends on comes from her own pockets. Isn't that nice? That's what I'd call a strong woman, a definite proof of Maia's strong woman theorem.
Most of the time, the usual topics of conversations are about the four-letter word that brings about so many emotions, interpretations and meanings... and it is oftentimes the frequent topic of debates - LOVE, be it about courtship, guys, ladies, bf-gf relationships, friends and lovers and all those topics that point to one same thing - LOVE! I guess we've invested much time, saliva, effort and emotions on these topics, but still we haven't found solutions to even some basic questions. If it were compared to a job, it would be, as what Melvs once said "Overworked and Underpaid".
We often talk about LOVE, since it's what interests most of us at our present age. It interests me too, but I guess I have this to say, I've grown tired of that same topic over and over again. It's pointless to argue and debate over such matters, because in the end, we all will end up finding that special someone to "have and to hold till death do us part" It's about time, time and TIME. I'm more like WAITING IN VAIN WHEN TO STRIKE MY LIGHTNING... (does it sound right???) I'm sure to make lightning strike, but as to when, it's as uncertain as when the end of the world is. And as to life beyond marriage, I guess each of us has his/her destiny. Some of us will be unfaithful (we couldn't really tell), yet we should bear in mind that amidst all divorces and broken families, there are a chosen few who have kept the faith and who have expanded beyond the vow of marriage into rearing a model family with generations of well-bred offsprings. Take this for an example: Do any of you know Jack and Rose Huang? I see then during Sunday mass and I could say they're my ideal couple. Even now that their somewhat old and have 3 kids, I still see them so loving towards each other, like whenever and wherever I see them, they project this image that they're still in the courting stage or are having honeymoon EVERYDAY! Sights like that just give me that extra reason to believe that indeed fairytales do exist.
If MANGKAY is to a girl, what's for a guy? (I don't know much Bisaya, so bear with me)
It's always nice to talk about future plans. For me, being a step ahead wouldn't hurt and sometimes thinking ahead prepares you for the struggles that are yet to come. Truth is, that talk I had with Tracy this afternoon was one I'd call a "real" conversation, which I haven't had for EONS... I dunno what's with me and older women, but I find more sense in their talks and definitely I could relate... as if minds just meet. Women are supposed to mature earlier than men do, so talking with someone 3 years younger than me would be like striking a conversation with someone of my age. Tracy's 2 years ahead of me, so that would mean 5 years ahead of my maturity. Maybe it's me... I'm just too OOOOOLLLLLDDDDD!!!!! Question is, what's the term for a guy who's too old for his age?
BTW
Today's my Angkong's birth anniversary, so we went to 6:00 mass at Sacred Heart Church, then had dinner at Rai Rai Ken SM LOVE JAPANESE FOOD!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment