Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Day 5 of summer vacation... and still a long long summer to go. Once you get used to something, it's quite hard to "survive" without it.. or at least make do without it for a while. I'm speaking of our car. This morning we commuted using taxi. I accompanied mum to see Dr. Judy Lao again. Mum asked me to wait at Bo's Capitol while she saw the doctor. I was there for two hours or so. The aircon was biting cold and I got to sip 3 MUGS of coffee. Not only did the 3 MUGS warm me, it also kept me awake after barely 4 hours worth of sleep last night. I don't know what got to me last night, but I was really engrossed in changing my site layout. After changing some stuff, I checked it just now and BOOM... whole thing crashed... I don't know why. Have to figure it out once I reach home. It was fine when I left Blogger at 3AM.

Of Ammunitions and The Enduring Human Spirit
I spent the afternoon in the movie house at Ayala watching "Tears of The Sun" starring Bruce Willis. The movie is very inspiring and I recommend you peeps watch it. Set aside the war scenarios and the bloody stuff and concentrate on the struggles of the characters. The movie definitely proves that there still lurks so much evil in the world. And as a quote in the movie goes "The only thing that makes evil triumph is for good men to do nothing"... or something like that. See it for yourself. The movie also depicts scenarios that teach a lot about TRUST... something I fervently believe in. I saw for myself the struggles of the African people and I have this to say: "In our day-to-day life, we encounter struggles... struggles that we believe are already beyond us... struggles that we think would eventually break us - whether it's about love, friendship, family, finances, academics, etc. We should learn to be grateful, to count our blessings, because there are others who struggle merely to survive.

No comments: