My Day
1st working day and the workload was rather light. Went to Wanderlanes this morning to report for duty. I received from Tita Joan Tiu another bundle of calling cards to encode... names and email addresses of the ASPAC Jaycees whom we will be contacting for the convention details. It was a �homework� job assignment, so I left the office to do the encoding work at home so as not to disrupt their office functions. By 3:00 I was done. I then logged on to the net to check my blogsite. Wanted to post blog, but I was caught up with chatting with Maia through YM. Got disconnected there, since my prepaid load expired. Argh... finally took a pinch of using prepaid. Reconnected using my postpaid I-Cebu account, but she already left Apple_Pay�s house, so I just talked with Apple_Pay. Spent 2 hours of telebabad with Leslie. Happy to have helped her with a gift idea of hers... jut it down Les, so you won�t forget it. Trust me, it�s the perfect gift! Hope it goes well for you there.
Year Starter
Called up Mitch�s house, but he�s still in Manila... still touring??? Hehehe... Wanted to ask him some matters about CompE Council. I want to start the school year with a bang, and with ambitious goals comes extensive planning. Once the schedules are mapped out, hopefully I could meet with the new staff so we could discuss the first event, which is the Freshman Tour and the CompE Acquaintance Party. I hate so say this, but most administrations are judged by the outcome of PARTIES... like acquaintance and Christmas parties. Hehe... always the food!
News From The Wires
100KM more before coalition troops enter Baghdad...
I�m here at home watching CNN, keeping in touch with the situation in Iraq. Not only is this war claiming more casualties daily, it is also shaking the foundations of international law. It�s breaking up ties within EU and the transatlantic alliance... especially with Germany, France and Russia. Seeing the UN helpless in stopping the outbreak of the war in Iraq, the world is slowly losing their respect for the organization that is said to be the most powerful organization in uniting the entire human race. But I still believe that this war is doing more good than bad. As Bush once said, America would rather address this issue using their army, their navy and their air force, so that they don�t have to deal with it using firefighters, policemen and medical personnel. Without Saddam Hussein, the world will definitely be a more peaceful place to live in.
No comments:
Post a Comment