Tuesday, March 25, 2003

New Look
This new "MATRIX" look of my site is just experimental. I was at home all day yesterday, �coz I sort of missed my home alone days. I ran out of things to do, so I experimented with HTML to produce... this new look. I plan to make this site look more techie (fitting for a CompE student)... with more animations and other ek eks. I'm experimenting with FlashMX technology. Flash sites are definitely AMAZING and WONDERFUL, but they require a lot of skill, patience and creativity, plus they take rather much time to open. Flash sites are ideal for fast connections like DSL and cable, but for us dial-ins... hmmm... it's a dream far far away.

Stardate Log 032503... Weird Morning Cravings
This morning, I brought my mum to see Dr. Judy Lao at CDH for a check up. She underwent an ultrasound and the doctor discovered some gallstones, which are causing her some pain in the abdomen area. The condition is not that serious and the doctor said it will just vanish in time, so nothing to be alarmed really. While waiting for mum, I was craving for some Chinese lumpia. I went to Lumpia House, but they just opened shop, so no food items yet. I walked the entire stretch from Bo's to Great Han, and still no Chinese lumpia. Most of the shops were still closed then. My craving made me walk all the way to La Fortuna Bakeshop. Still no Chinese lumpia, so I settled for asado siopao. On the way back to the hospital, I saw some tasty fried lumpia being sold - 3 for 20, and so I just bought 3... the things I do for food!

Stardate Log 032503 Supplemental 1... Maintenance Check
Aside from bringing my mum to see the doctor, I also brought our car to its �doctor�, the Mitsubishi facility at Mandaue, for its 100,000-mileage check. The car will stay there for 2 days or so. I asked the mechanics to fix everything about the car... more like restoring it to brand new status. Cars are like people too... they need MAINTENANCE... if you know what I mean.

Stardate Log 032503 Supplemental 2... Prawn Day
Today was Prawn Day for me. I had lunch with my mum at City Sports Club. Tastiest food served - PRAWNS in Spicy Oriental Sauce... yumm... Dinner food at home, still more prawns. I'm allergic to it, but still I can't get enough of it. One of the ironies in life - We tend to LOVE what's forbidden.

Stardate Log 032503 Supplemental 3... Daily Exercise
Aside from my usual and almost daily exercise of walking around Ayala to burn calories, I visited the gym again today. While lifting weights (increased loads today by +10 pounds), guess who I met Melvs??? imong Arlan... all muscled, but still no one beats Chewy.

Stardate Log 032503 Supplemental 4... Classified
After gym, I went back to Ayala and spent the afternoon at Bo's with a friend. I got a reality check there and I'm glad we talked. I got a lot of insights and was able to give some too. Had a soothing cup of Bo's Coffee Blend, while my friend enjoyed the very sweet Mortal Cinnamon and a glass of Froccino Oreo... sweet to the max! My sweet tooth was green with envy!

No comments: