The previous blog was for yesterday, Saturday. Posted it so late last night that Blogger carried it over to the next day, today.
I've not much to blog about my Sundays. Usually it's breakfast at City Sports then mass at their Sinulog Ballroom... then check on our store at Ayala, then lunch at home. The rest of the afternoon is usually spent sleeping, watching TV, listening to MP3s or doing Monday's homework. Got no plans for this Sunday afternoon, so I'll just post a reply to what Karen posted in her site.
Why do guys who have girlfriends still look for other girls?
I guess it's unfair to consider it only one way. Although in MOST cases, the guys are the ones who look for another mate, but I've also known some girls who "juggle" other guys even though they've already got a boyfriend. This "infidelity" practice is certainly unfair. Not only is it unfair, it is deceitful, manipulative and extremely animal-like. We are not dogs who bang just any dog in the neighborhood. We are HUMANS. I'd rather eat pieces of *toot than lose all self-respect I have for myself, not to mention being in a blind item in the papers, being severely criticized by the public eye for such animalistic behavior.
The answer to this question is vividly depicted in the movie Someone Like You starring Ashley Judd. Her "COW THEORY" perfectly describes why men cheat on their girlfriends/wives and why some women cheat on their boyfriends/husbands. Why include husbands and wives? Well, if an unmarried individual cheats even during courtship or engagement, how much more if he/she is already married. A rotten apple whether in a fruit stand or already cooked in a pie will always be rotten... a poison rushing through the veins, devouring every organ till the heart stops beating... like a heart-attack... a treachery towards the self.
MOST cheat, but there are SOME that don't. As what the Bible says - Christ gives much importance to the few, just like a shepherd leaves the whole flock to search for his lost sheep. Thus, we can't really generalize that men/women by NATURE cheat. Some individuals lack fidelity because they treat their partners/mates, as what a friend of mine would say,... ICE CREAM???... This March, Miss M is the Flavor of the Month, by April Miss A, by May Miss M (another M), by June Miss J, by July Miss J (another J again)... and so on and so forth.
I once had a classmate named James (name withheld). Adrian knows this guy too. James is what one would call a chickboy. To me, using the term "chickboy" to describe his behavior would be an understatement. Not only does he "juggle" one lady after another, he "sleeps" with them too. After he gets what he wants, he looks for another. We definitely pity the poor girls, but with what James is doing, I guess we should feel all the more sorry for the future husbands of these ladies. He must have popped the flower of so many ladies already... the number of which could be more than 50. I'm serious with that.
One of my fears is marrying someone who's already been "shared" with someone else. I can safely say (can I? hehehe) that all of us here come from well-respected and morally upright families, whether of Filipino or Chinese ethnicity. The worst that could happen is for our generation to tarnish all that shining respect. So choose wisely, because evil has its ways of deceiving even the holiest of holies.
Just a Tot:
My uncle who is 2 years ahead of me once asked me, �Why is it that the good ones often go to the chickboy or bugoy guys? And here we are doing everything right and it seems everything goes wrong? Are we missing something� I was puzzled myself and couldn�t reply anything but �I guess, it�s not yet our turn.� My uncle is an only child and I have no sister, so we really couldn�t get any female perspective other than our female friends. We�re shy to ask our mothers... it just isn�t the way the cookie crumbles, so understand us. If someone could reply to this I would gladly appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment