Monday, March 24, 2003

Congratulations to my cousin Kyle!!!

Welcome to the CLUB
My cousin Kyle just graduated from Kindergarten. Like his ahias and achies in the Rapes clan, he received a medal for his great scholastic performance. He was one of the recipients of the St. Michael Award. Congratulations!

A Trip Down Memory lane
At the middle of the graduation ceremonies, I left my seat at the gymnasium of our alma mater. The gym was really humid and there were lots of blood-sucking insects swarming around so I took a short trip around the school campus.

I started schooling at SHS-B (I still prefer using B than J) in Kinder 1, since I spent my pre-school days at St. Benedict's Child Learning Center... with Miss Yba�ez (for those St. Ben people out there, still remember her???) As if to sort memories in chronological order, I first visited the pre-school and kindergarten area. The same old classrooms were still there... the same swing, seesaw and slides I used to play with. There still stood the "rocket ship" where I once fell when a classmate of mine pushed me overboard... with it came my first school fight. Hehe...

I then visited the grade school classrooms. I checked the classrooms out to see whether my teachers then were still there. Only a few old timers were left. Most of the teachers now are the new ones, whose names do not resound in the corridors of memory lane. I watched the classrooms with great amusement. I could still see some of the ledgers and storage cabinets I once had difficulty reaching, since I wasn't one of the tall students of my time.

I then visited the high school building... home of most of my treasured memories. The classrooms looked the same and still the same high school faculty. With everything looking untouched, it was easy to reminisce my high school days. I could picture the people and the events as though they were just yesterday. I still could recall those late night overtime stays in our classrooms... for the never-ending rehearsals for a PALABAS show or dance presentation the next day, for a Math or Science project, or for endless games of Magic cards that kept us glued to our seats. Those were the years when I was always busy, busy and busy... barely breathing... I always had something to do... school publications, club activities, Student Council projects, academic requirements, and other extra-curricular responsibilities. In other words... NERD, NERD and NERDY NERD!!! Hehe... that was before, but now, thank God I'm not!

Well, those were the days... the days when committing errors didn't seem to be such a big deal... the days when wounded knees were just a trip to the infirmary away... the days when failing a subject can be "made up" by asking our parents to talk it out with the instructor... the days when the term "future" meant going to some college or university. I guess we could all say this isn't the same now that we've grown up. Those were the days.

Lollies Anyone???
Maia (starring again...) and her cousins ate at our store. Thanks again for the continued patronage. Could have given a discount to regular customers like you, but you paid already before I got to the store, so hope you liked the lollies instead. Hehe...

Life's Ironies
For the past few days, I had difficulty posting my blogs, since my ISP had technical difficulties regarding their trunkline. Now that the problem's fixed, I face another obstacle. The phonelineSSSS at home are all dead as of the moment. Is it the war in Iraq causing all this or is it just PLDT??? /me thinks of swapping to Globelines. Hmm... Imagine this, both of our phone lines are dead and in case there's an emergency... I just have to thank God that cellular phones have already been invented! Hope I could post this blog on the day that it should be.

Time check: 10:56PM, Sunday time.

No comments: