Thursday, January 02, 2003

As you may have noticed, I'm fond of posting during the wee hours of the morning. I guess I'm more of an owl than an early worm. Hehe... I can't make myself sleep again. I'll type what's on my mind, so if you don't mind, I'll blog and you enjoy reading.

Hmmm.... thoughts....It's been quite some time since I've had a heart-to-heart talk with somebody. It's either I'm the problematic one or somebody else is. Lately, I've been the one that needs to be talked to, but for tonight, I just wanna reminisce my good ol' counselling days. Angela Te and I used to have this job within our barkada separately, but as our barkada grew bigger, we ended up sharing customers...tee hee. I guess people lately need a second opinion...a third, a fourth and so on... But those were the days. I guess the love lives of my friends have gone for the better, I presume. That's good! It's tough to have heartaches and splits bothering your every move... from the moment you wake up till you close your eyes...sounds familiar?

I knew I had this calling when I was still studying a AdMU. One night a friend of mine called up and wanted me to talk to her. It seemed my friend liked this guy who happens to like her too. Both of them were my good friends. Ahh... a match made in Heaven. So I played Cupid and...BANG! It sparked so bright, it even shines till today. I'm so proud of it to this very day. Sometimes I wonder why I'm able to matchmake others but can't seem to do it for dear ol' me. Hehehe... it's someone else's job, I guess. Dear God, I hope you're paying attention.

College is mostly the period of onset for most of these heavy problems. It's the time when we get to make so many friends, but perhaps not as close as our high school buddies. High school days are the best, so they say. I believe so, but college opens you up to more people. People, who someday, could be your co-worker, your boss, your lifesaver or your lifetime mate. I still believe in "a few but close friends"

Anyway, it is nice to know that there are people out there who possess that gift and are willing to share it. I gave Angela, my manita, a book entitled, "When Friends Ask For Help", as my Christmas gift in our little exchanging of gifts held at Patrick Lendel's house. So if you have a friend in need..be it about heartaches, family and sibling disagreements, fights among friends, academics...try to lend a helping hand. Be the counselor, the shoulder, the pencil marks...codigo? (not to that extent), the hanky, the tissue paper. Be the best friend you could be. A simple, but heartwarming talk during spare time, can work more wonders than a shot of tequila. These are little things, but these ease the pain. As the priest's homily goes, "Divide and Conquer!" Ease the pain little by little. Soon it will come to pass. I'm talking like this since I really got hit by this morning's homily. Phew...never been this affected before.

I guess I've shared a few thoughts for the 1st few days of the year. You'll get more as this year progresses. My thoughts can be yours. My words can be yours. I don't hold any copyrights or trademarks. I don't have a message board yet. If you wanna share some thoughts, I can publish it in my site. Send it through email (they don't fit in tagboards) and I'd be glad to post 'em for all to read. Have to go, I hear roosters crowing already. Godbless!

No comments: