Friday, January 03, 2003

Woke up to January 2 and as usual, I proceeded to Ayala. You are right Mangkay, I should change my mailing address to Ayala Center Cebu. Hehe.. Anyway, I helped in the store. It was busy during lunch. It was full, including the newly installed seats outside. Due to the busy work, I had lunch only at around 2 in the afternoon with my mum at Portions. I had their Pasta Marinara. It is a must try! Seafood (mussels, clams, squid and shrimp� I think there were minced scallops too) on your choice of pasta (penne, angel hair, spaghetti, fettuccine), topped with creamy, yellow cheesy sauce... plus you get to choose how spicy you want your dish...equals one hearty meal.

My mum and I paid my Auntie Vicvic a visit at Chong Hua for the 2nd time. She was confined at the ICU last Monday for severe chest pains and a mild cardiac arrest. She was not in good condition the last time I visited to deliver lunch. Today, she�s a lot, lot better. She�s out of the ICU already and is recuperating in one of the rooms. The doctors said she�d be discharged by Saturday. Hopefully she gets well soon. Times are bad and it�s not wise to get sick.

We then went to Tinderbox to buy wine for mum�s reunion tonight. We attended separate parties. Mum went to her friends� reunion party at Tita Medy�s house, while my brother and I attended my lola�s reunion party at Ocean Park (formerly Lam Hai). I saw familiar faces at the party, like Katrina Kwan and the Ang clan (Conrad, Clinton, Cynric and Lester�with their cousins)

It�s amazing how my lola keeps up with her high school buddies. It�s one proof of how bonding some friendships can be. I wonder, if I ever reach that age, will I get to do the same?�just a thought. I'm so proud of this Chinese family I belong to. They even have monthly parties among themselves wherein one member of the group hosts the said party. Tonight�s party was their "once in how many years" big reunion where they tag along members of their respective family. They usually hold a bingo or raffle for parties as big as this, but none for tonight since some member of the group had a death in the family just recently�and it�s a Chinese custom not to attend parties or celebrate during the period of mourning. Well, for what it�s worth, the food was great. I ate to my heart�s delight. No programme, so it was practically another typical �eat and split� party. Never liked parties that are of that nature. It just defeats the purpose of a party - an opportunity to gather and socialize. Hehe. Nway, I had a good time there.

My A-ku then treated us for dessert at Tinderbox. Dessert wasn�t served at the party. I don�t know what happened that they missed out on the sweets. Prolly had too much of it from the holidays� tee hee. Went home afterwards and started composing my blog. Mum was dropped off by one of her friends. I arrived an hour ahead of her. Good boy I was.

�Twas rather a really long and busy day for me. I�ll hit the sack now to get my much needed sleep. �Til the next blog, good night!

I'll leave you with something.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is MUSIC - Aldous Huxley, Music At Night

Your Song by Ewan McGregor

My gift is my song and this one's for you

And you can tell everybody that this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
Hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is now you're in the world

I sat on the roof and I kicked off the moss
Well some of these verses well they� they've got me quite cross
But the sun's been kind while I wrote this song
It's for people like you that keep it turned on

So excuse me forgetting but these things I do
You see I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue
Anyway the thing is what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is now you're in the world

Hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is now you're in the world

No comments: