Tuesday, January 07, 2003

I'm still in school. Just got out from my Electrical Engineering class and waiting to be fetched. It was rather an interesting topic on motors and generators. Now I can fix that busted electric fan at home. I really had a wonderful Tuesday. It kicked off with my HIST17 teacher praising me for my essay on Rizal. He was so impressed that he asked how I knew a lot about Rizal. Well, that's one big thing I learned from Ateneo. That school really taught me well on how to do critics, reaction papers and essays, too bad their calculus killed me. Hehehe...anyway. It's raining again the whole day and my cough is getting better at least. I've become dependent on Halls candies to keep my throat from getting sore. I had to shell out 5 pesos every after class for menthol candies... So much for my cough, won't blog on that anymore.

I had lunch at Ila Puti with Mary Ann and Jed. I treated them both for lunch, but Mary Ann won't let me, so only Jed got the treat. I had the usual silog special. Tastes sooooo good. You should try eating at that resto. It's just across school. After lunch, I went with Mangkay, other CompE officers and Maam Daday to CARDOC to talk to Joey Suaco's dad. On the way there in Mitch's Vanette, I had a very heartwarming talk with Mangkay...heartwarming in the midst of the chilling aircon. Talked about life's little details that I forgot to do. Thanks Mangks for the advice. You are close to that PhD title. Your advice has been noted in my life's little red book and a deadline has been set.

Back to the reason for the trip...Since Joey Suaco was so hard to talk to regarding that failed Christmas party, we sought his dad's help. After some exchange of arguments (civilized way), we got the figures we wanted. The poor dad had to shell out a check worth (amount:confidential) to pay for his son's lousy party planning. That ungrateful son left even before his dad handed out the check. Seems they're not in good terms. I pity the dad a lot for putting up with an @$$hole son like Joey. Since his dad is a Rotarian, he offered terms that were in the name of goodwill. As he said, "Goodwill can't be bought. It is earned." Cheers to all Rotarians for their diplomatic and peaceful traits.

Mitch dropped Maam Daday at Ayala, Vanessa, Tonette and I at TC and Maia at Sto. Ni񯠖illage. I got to my 3:00 class 20 minutes late. The teacher was discussing already, but I was able to catch up. What a day!

Melvs, can't seem to read your chatterbox....so can't read the comments posted there There's an error...something wrong with the HTML code perhaps. I read your daily blogs, but it takes so much time for your site to load. Check it out daw and see what's wrong. Bye peeps, the car's outside already. Hope to read more of your blogs. Ciao!

No comments: