Thursday, January 09, 2003

I didn�t feel like waking up this morning. It was raining. The room was cold and I still loved to continue my beauty sleep. Too bad, I really had to wake up because I was going to have an exam in my HIST 17 class at 7:30. I passed by my cousin�s condo to pick him up so we could go to school together. I arrived in the classroom 5 minutes after the bell rang. Good thing the teacher gave my classmates a 15-minute time allowance for latecomers due to the downpour.

I was prepared for the exam�or so I thought. There were so many dates and facts that I had in memory. I answered all questions, but got 16 correct out of 20. Sometimes what I study doesn�t come out, and those I browsed through come out. Like I know Rizal�s friend�s name was Blumentritt. Instead of writing Ferdinand Blumentritt, I wrote Antonio. Memory interference � learned it in my PSYC 101 class. Familiar Mickie?

After the exam, a good friend of mine (my seatmate) entered the class just in time before the exchanging of papers. She cried coz she really studied hard those 80 pages I told you about and she was only allowed to answer the essay part. The teacher refused to dictate to her the 20-item identification part. I really felt sorry for her knowing how detailed she studies. Her case: She had to drop off her cousin at SHS-G and when she reached the flyover, she got stuck in the usual traffic and so was late. Experienced the traffic near Crossroads? Very irritating to be changing to the left lane due to the diggings by Globe. Poor friend of mine did something nice for her cousin and ended up upsetting herself. Well, just told her to stop crying coz there�s nothing she can do about it, except to make bawi in the next exam. We just tried to make her laugh by talking about how one of our classmates tried to cheat and ended up hearing the wrong answer. Instead of �Igorots�, he heard �Ignorts�. He was so silly to believe there�s such a word as �Ignorts��maybe in slang. Well, that�s what he wrote on his paper. My friend had a good laugh� and there�s the smile and laugh we longed to see.

After my Rizal class, I went to the canteen to�tambay as usual. Mary Ann then arrived and I was shocked to see her hair cut shorter once again. The hair yesterday looked more fitting, but I think it would be uncomfortable for Ann�s neck. Her hair now is also nice. Gives her that young, attractive look that brings out the�trapped little kid in her. Hehehe� Everyone is a little child deep inside.

Phew! My blogs are getting longer and longer. Just goes to show how exciting and busy it has become. Back to my day. The TC Hunks: Peter, Shotshot, Lito, Edison, Disney, Benny and Pandi had plans to have brunch at the newly opened McDonald�s at JY Square. The guys were still deciding among themselves, so I took a few sips of hot coffee in the canteen while waiting for Marie and�ahem� to reach the canteen so Angela would have a companion before we leave. The two lovely TC Chicks arrived just in time so off I went for brunch with the guys and Disney�s friend Irene.

After McDo, we went back to school since most of us had 10:30 classes. Endured another 1.5 hours of lecture on electrons, atoms, energy and all the Einstein stuff, then went back to my favorite place in TC, the canteen. Met up with Adrian, Mary Ann, Angela, Marie, Stephanie and my luvy duv

We had lunch at our favorite out-of-school diner � Ila Puti (www.ilaputi.tk). I didn�t eat though since I already had lunch� brunch, breakfast and lunch in one. Instead, I ordered their coffee. Guess what there coffee is� STARBUCKS! Missed my Starbucks moments in Manila. They had this Verona blend, which is one of my favorites. Had a refill compliments from the owner, John Rodriguez for being a suki. Thanks John!

Sipped my coffee while writing a letter for Adrian. Sipped it over a blossoming conversation with wuvy dear. Talked about stars, her several breeds of cute pure-breed dogs and puppies at home�etc. She was able to enumerate all 20 names. Wow! I was definitely impressed! Love a good memory. I still have problems making perfect eye contact while talking to her. It just scares me. But I know I should deal with that problem, �coz it�s rude not to look at people in the eye when talking to them� surely makes them feel I�m not interested. Am I right on that? Amen.

After the soothing sips of coffee and the heartwarming talk that could have made me just die right there and then, the gals went back to school for their 1:30 class. Adrian and I went to Avalon, an internet caf� just beside the resto, to log on to the net and check our blogywogies. Hehehe� Adrian saw the finished look of his site. Thanks Kar for the necessary finishing touches! He made his first posts with me, beside him, giving tips and showing him some of the features of the blogger system. I took a short nap in the caf�, while he was blogging. He woke me up and it was my turn to blog. Posted my previous post at that caf�.

We printed that letter I wrote for him and off we went to our 3:00 classes. I had to do a seatwork in our Electrical Engineering class. I finished ahead, so I left the class rather early and met with Miat at the canteen. She handed me two books which I am now reading: �Chinese Cinderella� by Adeline Yen Mah and �The Phantom of Manhattan� by Frederick Forsyth. Thanks Miat for the books which shall keep me occupied for the next few days.

Met with Adrian and rode a jeepney with him to Ayala. We parted as soon as we reached the jeepney stop. He took another jeep going to his mom�s office and I had to report to my commander in our store. Mum still had friends over at Bigby�s, so I went to City Sports Club to inquire on some booking procedures and got some documents. Went back to Ayala and home after. No homework to do, no chores, so here�s the very long blog. Since I don�t wanna take much time from your busy schedule, I�ll stop here. Don�t worry. I�m sure will be able to sleep tonight. Good night and Godbless!

No comments: