Wednesday, January 01, 2003

Woke up to a new year. Welcome 2003! Took a shower to feel fresh for the new year, new day. I went to the 11:00 mass at Sacred Heart Church. Nice homily by the priest... he gave a very useful tip on how to change our bad habits. As he said, "Divide and Conquer!"... this means change your bad habits one at a time. Just like a war is won not in one battle, but by winning one small battle after another.

I was so "dang-hag" when I left my wallet and my phone in the pew. I was in a hurry to leave the church to avoid the traffic as the cars exit the church grounds. It was only when I reached the basement parking of Ayala that I knew of the loss. I had to rush back to the church. As I traced back my steps, I wasn't able to find my belongings. Then a man in his 50's approached me and I asked him if he saw a wallet and a phone. He took from his pocket my wallet and my cellphone. I was so glad to see them. He handed my stuff to me and said, "Taga-i ko ug pinaskuhan.". His remark was so typical. The New Year hasn't even changed him a bit. Imagine, a church staff having such qualities. Well, I had to be thankful he was honest enough to return my stuff... but the "pakapin" should have been my suggestion not his. I gave him 70 pesos only. That was all I had. The man then said, "Naa pay mas daghan diha.". That remark made me lose all the respect I had for his honesty. I showed him my wallet... and he saw that it was all the money I had. Good thing I didn't carry much cash. Seeing that there was nothing else left other than ATM cards, membership cards and receipts, he bid me adieu. Whew... all that inside a church. Some people have the balls to do that even inside holy grounds. So much for my New Year's morning.

I went back to Ayala and helped around in the store. Very few customers, but sure beats not opening today. I then went to AV Surfer to check on my site. The cafe technician had some trouble with a unit's Windows configurations. I helped fix the problem. A few clicks and it was ok... This side of computers, I'm good at, but with HTML.... forget it. I need school or a private tutor to teach me that.. wanna sign up for that job Kar??? Thanks Kar for all the help. Karen's been really helpful. A techie I must say. I think I'll learn better if someone shows me exactly how. I'll prolly enroll in a web development crash course in some school this summer... and as proof of my 0% knowhow, I spent the whole afternoon trying to transfer my blogsite to tripod. The site is http://johnalim.tripod.com/index.html. Caution:I may have coded it differently, so enter at your own risk... It's still trash. And as most of you would predict, I wasted the whole afternoon as I'm now back to where I started. I got confused with FTP hosting... and the difference in HTML codes between Blogger and Tripod. I read through the Knowledge Base on how to transfer to other hosts, but I got confused which setting to change, which templeate to change... change in blogger template or tripod template. I'm so poor at this. I wanna post pictures, coz I have lots of 'em, but if it's just gonna drive me insane, better to be an all-text site.

So, that's my day... I'm blogging at AV Surfer again... I'm a suki here already. Hehe.. I'll be going in a while since it's 10 minutes before they close. I'll be having dinner at City Sports Club with family... then home... then sleep. Have to go you guys... the technician here's been crying out "Five minutes na lang... close na mi." I'll leave you here. Hope you had a fruitful and meaningful New Year's Day. nytnyt!

No comments: