I just came from Joy�s birthday party at Golden Cowrie. Everybody was there. The food was super great. People talked a lot over the dinner table. We took lots of photos and it was getting late, so we left the place at around 9. The rain was pouring heavily, so some of us got wet when we rode in our cars. Joy opened the gift Mary Ann and I gave her. We knew she was wanting that Clarins Lip Balm all along way last Christmas. I didn�t have much money left for it last Christmas, so I gave Joy something else. Now that I don�t have to save for a February event, Ann and I decided to buy it for Joy. She was so happy to open the package to find the thing she wanted. I guess she almost cried at that instant. Nah! Hehehe�I was really happy to see her so pleased with the gift. It�s really nice to see friends so happy.
At my stage right now, Joy�s been like a mum and a dad to me. I draw strength from her very well-grounded principles. Throughout our friendship, she has helped me control my emotions. I�ve been too trusting of people. It�s not wrong to trust per se, but when people abuse my goodness, I have learned that it�s gotta stop for my own sake�and it�s doing me wonders�at least I don�t get hurt easily.
When I arrived home, I continued to read the book I borrowed, since I�ll be returning it by tomorrow. My Aunt Eya opened a bottle of EJG Cabernet Sauvignon and I had three glasses of it. Mum and my two aunts are still outside at the dining table talking to my uncle and aunt through the wires. There�s a family feud going on in our big family. It�s about my uncle and aunt. Don�t wanna give the details, �coz I might not be able to paint the scene for you correctly. I find it very annoying when husbands and wives fight and they drag other members of the family to it. It�s got to stop soon for the peace of mind of our family.
Anyway, I was just done texting Disney and I�ve told him how I�ve thrown all my cares away to the Person above� how I�ve thrown in the towel and left it up to fate, faith, time and space. I�ve had quite a fair share of storms in my life and I�m just tired of trying to fix every bit of it. I�ve realized that there are just some things that are way beyond my control. A person could do as much as he could and if things don�t go the way they should then it�s for fate, faith, time and space to decide. For all I know, I did my best, I gave the little that I had, I did it right and it just went the way destiny dictated. As the wise Karen said, someone will just enter my life and love me in the same manner as I shall love her. (Thanks Kar for dedicating one day�s post to helping me, appreciate it a lot).
Somewhere out there�there�s the right one for me�and I hope she�s doing fine. I�ve prayed to the Lord to keep her from harm, make her days countless, her heart as sweet as the songs of the nightingales.
No comments:
Post a Comment